District Mineral Foundation, State Nodal Unit has designed “Project Samarthya: Employment Oriented Skill Training Programmes”.
“Project Samarthya” aims to address the need of providing vocational training to youth of mining affected areas, with marketable skills as well to enhance their capacity to secure employment in the organized sector with adequate income generation. DMF State Nodal Unit has carried out the E-tendering process at the national level to invite the experienced and reputed agencies to participate in the bid process. Through the Three stage evaluation process DMF has selected 10 Project Implementing Agencies (PIAs) for Project Samarthya. The training centres for ‘Project Samarthya’ shall be setup in 20 mining affected districts of Gujarat with the due consideration of mobilization from nearby districts, thereby covering all the mining affected districts in the state of Gujarat. The total no. of students proposed to be trained by the PIAs under ‘Project Samarthya’ are 10,080. Following are the unique features of Project Samarthya:
- Training to mining affected youth (male and female between age group of 18-35 years) from 1946 mining affected villages shall be provided on the basis of skills set required in the nearby Industries and the potential market opportunities identified through Survey.
- Training shall be both residential and non-residential in nature wherein participation of women shall be encouraged in each batch.
- 12 sectors shall be covered with a major focus on sectors with an employment potential such as Mining, Construction, Automotive, Healthcare, Electronics, Apparel and Tourism etc.
- Along with the core domain skills, trainings shall be imparted in the non-domain areas such as IT Skills, Soft Skills & Life Skills to the candidates.
- More than 10,000 youth would be trained by organizing 52 training programmes with a placement assurance of minimum 70% of trained students.
- Minimum guaranteed remuneration to these candidates shall be between Rs. 7,500- 10,000 per month after completion of the programme.
- Handholding of the placed candidates shall be done for the duration of 1 year.
- Sector Skill Councils will carry out the assessment of candidates and provide the certification to all the students after the successful completion of assessment.
- An online portal at the website of DMF State Nodal Unit for the registration of interested candidates is developed by DMF.